KEY COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED NOW
Request to local businesses
HAVE YOU GOT STAFF ON FURLOUGH OR WITH CAPACITY TO HELP?
Do you have members of staff on the furlough scheme or with some extra capacity and who are open to volunteering? If so, your community needs their help. One Northern Devon is actively seeking volunteers to help with key community work as we work to beat COVID-19.
WHO IS ONE NORTHERN DEVON?
One Northern Devon is a partnership of NHS, council, emergency service, business and voluntary sector organisations across North Devon and Torridge. During the COVID-19 pandemic we have been working alongside our ‘One Communities’ across our towns and parishes to support vulnerable people to be able to self-isolate safely.
HOW VOUNTEERING HELPS
During this difficult time with many staff furloughed, volunteering can help with the wellbeing of your staff as well as doing good in the community.
Studies have shown that volunteering can improve people’s social connections and is positively associated with improved mental health and wellbeing.
WHAT SKILLS ARE NEEDED?
We need both remote working volunteers and volunteers with vehicles willing to help with collections and deliveries. Volunteers can work flexibly and linked to their own community.
Driver’s with vehicles needed
- Local equipment pick-up and delivery (driver with vehicle)
- Local shopping and/or prescription pick up and delivery (driver with vehicle)
- Local patient pick-up and transport (commercial driver with vehicle)
Remote working skills needed
- Phone calls to check on isolated people
- Data entry and coordination
- Customer service
- Social media & communications skills
- Business planning and project management
Or call on 01271 33 77 99 | email email@example.com