Lead: Dr Oliver Hassall
Co-ordinator – Anna Lewis
The Flow Toolkit
Below you will find a selection of documentation that can help you to understand more about Flow and help you with your “What Matters to Me” conversations.
*Those elements of this Tool Kit not in bold are still under construction.
Introduction to Flow
- Flow Process Map
- Trauma informed information video or powerpoint
- Talking to people about adverse childhood experiences video
- Information Sharing Consent form (to be signed by patient/client before Flow meeting)
- Explaining Flow to your client
- Client Baseline and Progress Evaluation Questions. This is a set of 7 scaling questions. The GP/Professional requests these are completed prior to first conversation for baseline measure. To be followed by a mid-point (after your “What Matters” conversations) and end point evaluation (after Flow interventions).
- Professional Self-Assessment Questions. This is a set of both open questions and 6 scaling questions for baseline & progress evaluation. The Professional completes these prior to first conversation for baseline.
- Client Feedback with One Northern Devon. With the client’s permission we would like to invite the client for a 10-minute feedback call with one of the Flow Team at One Northern Devon.
- Having a ‘What Matters to me” Conversation. Here are a few ideas of how to get started with your ‘What Matters” conversation with your client
- What Matters to me Visual Template (Male version). This template can be used to help guide the conversation
- What Matters to me Visual Template (Female version). This template can be used to help guide the conversation